Skip to main content

45 Stunning Street-Art Samples



When searching for inspiration, the city can be a place of illumination and discovery.

For those of you who don't have the time, means or inclination to immerse yourself in the world of breathtaking street art, here's a compilation of amazing pieces (sourced from Flickr's Creative Commons pool) to fuel your creativity.

Be warned - you may find yourself spending hard earned cash on a commissioned piece to grace your office wall!

Swoon on Blue - Via Lunapark


Ill Colors - via PixelJuice23


BTOY ans Miss Van - via justin_case

VSP Visual Street Performance - via Graffitiland

Urban Camouflage - via gaspi *your Guide

Nonchalance Auto-Killing - via Smeerch

Catwoman - via Caneles

Untitled - via Jakedobkin


TLP - via Sky


Monkey Hand - via Pixeljuice


Sombrero on the Right - via Shapeshift


The Owl Tree - via Slightlynorth


Untitled - via Jakedobkin


Untitled - via Akbar Simonse


Taureau - via gillesklein


3d graf - via gillesklein


Viewmaster - via geoftheref


Let's Face It - via What What


Burner, Bum City - via funkandjazz

el niƱo de las pinturas - via Gabirulo



Death - via Vasta


Untitled - via Shiratski


Graffiti by "The Mac" - via Threcee


VSP 2007 - via Graffitiland


Near Miss - via Daliborlev


Mario - via sensesmaybenumbed


Haircut - via What What


The Dark - via kk+


Untitled - via Diodoro


i swoon for swoon - via lunapark


Girl Face - via Dr Case


El Bocho goes Neon - via nolifebeforecoffee


Untitled - via Jakedobkin


Banksy Hoodie - via mermaid99


Eelus at Leake Street - via Mermaid99


Ego Detail - via Slightlynorth


Hey You - via Darwin Bell


Untitled - via Brocco Lee


Os Gemeos @ Quayside - via apwbATTACK


The Mac - funkandjazz


Jaen, Espana - via Bit Ramone


Hi Dad - via tashland


Mural - via Akbar Simonse


Some of these designs truly take my breath away, and I contemplate how inspiring they would be to see full-size, in person. My hope is that all who read this article will find at least one piece to inspire them for the design of their latest project, so be sure to leave a comment and share your thoughts of which provokes you most!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dzynspiration - 15th Feb 2009

A great proportion of my day is spent browsing through the dozens of new items cropping up in my feed reader each day. In one way, it's a useful method to ensure I stay up to date with the latest design trends. But my main reason is to find inspiration . Documenting the articles which hold my attention is as much helpful for me as it is to offer insights into what inspires me from one week to the next. After all, a set of bookmarks stored on my own laptop provides neither visual nor temporal information as to the creative finds I've enjoyed!

blog.dzyn.me - Now Broadcasting!

As with any new blog, there must be an introductory first post! So here it is, my enthusiastic introduction to blog.dzyn.me, where I - Amanda Kay - will write periodically about my exploits, passions and adventures in the formidable field of front-end web design. Thank you but no congratulations are required. At least not until my face graces the front cover of .Net magazine! And yes, I did schedule this post to appear at the stroke of midnight, New Years Day. There;'s a very good reason for that. I'll let you figure it out on your own...